Recent Acquisitions

Brochure for auction of Carrigoran House, 1922

Carriogoran House and Estate was sold at public auction by Battersby & Co, 39 Westmoreland Street, Dublin on May 18th, 1922. This brochure was produced by the auctioneers for the purpose of this auction and contains black and white photographs of the interior of the building and a map of the estate.
Originally built in the 18th century by the Fitzgerald family, an earlier house reputedly destroyed by fire in the late 18th century stood nearby. The house was purchased at the auction in 1922 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word and was still in use in the 1940s, but was demolished in the 1980s.

2008.0040











Brochure for auction of Carrigoran House, 1922 2008.0040

Brochure for auction of Carrigoran House, 1922 2008.0040