Clare County Library
Clare Genealogy
Home | Search Library Catalogue | Foto: Clare Photo Collection | Search this Website | Copyright Notice

The History and Topography of the County of Clare by James Frost
Part II. History of Thomond
Chapter 26

Book of Forfeitures and Distributions—continued
Barony of Moyarta: Part C
: Kilrush Parish

In 1641, the whole parish of Kilrush belonged to Sir Daniel O'Brien and to the Earl of Thomond, and their ownership was confirmed by the Commissioners appointed under the Cromwellian Settlement in 1667. The island of Iniscahy should be excepted, for this was owned by the Corporation of Limerick. The denominations belonging to Sir Daniel O'Brien were the following: Mollougha, Kilcarroll, Knockerry east, Tullygower, Gowerhass, Ballykett, Moyaddabeg, and Tullabrack; and those which were the property of Lord Thomond were: Knockerry west, Garrane, Feagarroge, Kilrush, Carrowncalla, Leadmore, Ballynote, Inishbig and Moyne. [98]

Back to Moyarta Barony