|Clare County Library||
Home | Search Library Catalogue | Foto: Clare Photo Collection | Search this Website | Copyright Notice
|The History and Topography of the County of Clare by James Frost|
Aney O’Brien of Tullaghmore; John More MacNamara of Kiltanon; Nicholas Stritch of Limerick; Conor O’Brien of Leamaneh; John MacNamara Finn of Dangan
Inquisition, taken at Ennis, on the 2nd of October, 1621, before John Bishop of Kilfenora, finds that Aney O’Brien, widow, died, on the 2nd of September, 1606, seized of the following lands; Tullaghmore, one-third part of Porsoon; Carrowduff, Kilshanny, Caherycoosane, Ballaghboy; one-third part of Knocknaskeha; and also of Fantymore, Ballytarsna, and Ballygastel.
Inquisition, taken at Ennis, on the same day, finds that John More MacNamara died on the 31st day of May, 1618, being owner of the following; Milltown, Dromleigh, Kiltanon, Affick, Roscarhy; finds that John Oge is his son and heir.
Inquisition, taken at Ennis, on the 26th of August, 1623, before John Evans, finds that Nicholas Stritch of Limerick, died on the 26th of September, 1621, being then owner of Knockinahidrig, Gurtgurrane, and Gurteummin; finds that he was mortgagee of the following lands, viz.:—Dromenlih, Shandangan, Banigh, Creggywillin in Coonagh; two-thirds of the pool called Curragh na Skorny, in the river Shannon, at Coonagh, in the county of Clare; all of which were held, by military service, from the Earl of Thomond, as of his Manor of Bunratty; finds that Nicholas Stritch, fitz Nicholas, is the son and heir of the aforesaid Nicholas.
Inquisition, taken at Ennis, on the 22nd of July, 1624, before Rowland Delahoyde, finds that Conor O’Brien, late of Leamaneh, died on the 2nd of January, 1604, being then owner of the castle and town of Leamaneh, with its lands of Carrowcastle, Carrowmoyle, and Carrowfadda; the castle and lands of Ballygriffy, with its lands of Carrowcastle and Knockballygriffy; of Cahermacon, Clonyne, alias Carrowmore; Feilmanagh, Cross, (the two last held from Dermot Baron of Inchiquin, now a minor); finds that a certain Mahone, son of Brian Roe O’Brien, of Carrownagowl, conveyed to one Marcus Dowley of Tirmacbran (now Adelphi), the castle and lands of Carrownagoul, for the use of Mahone for life, with remainder to the use of his son Conor and Slaney his wife, for their lives, and after their death, to the use of their son Donogh O’Brien.
Inquisition, taken at Ennis, on the 2nd of August, 1624, before Bœtius Clancy, finds that John MacNamara Finn, of Dangan-i-viggin, died on the last day of February 1602, being then owner of the following, viz: Dangan; of a certain water mill and gardens, with two-thirds of the tolls and customs of Quin; of Cratloe Moyle, Garryncurra, Knappoge, Carrowancloghy, Ballymorris, Tomfinlagh, and Ballymulchana; finds that said John Finn, by Deed of June, 1602, granted these lands to Sheeda Cam MacNamara, and to Galfridus Mulchony, in trust for the use of his eldest son Donald MacNamara then of full age.