Clare County Library
Clare History
Home | Search Library Catalogue | Foto: Clare Photo Collection | Search this Website | Copyright Notice

Ordnance Survey Letters by John O'Donovan and Eugene Curry, 1839

Parish of Killofin

  1. Situation and Name; Old Church; Graveyard attached; Tobar Chiaran (Well of St. Kieran) in Knocknacross (a Townland now included in Mount Shannon West which is a new name) at which Stations are performed on Sundays; Kilkereen (Cill Céirin) old Church of great antiquity from which the Townland was named; St. Kereen’s Altar (Altoir Cheirin) half a furlong east of Church; Festival of St. Kereen not celebrated in the Parish and his day forgotten; Ballymacolman or Colmanstown old Castle mentioned in list of castles of Thomond in MS. in Trin. Col. Dub. as belonging to Teige Mac Mahon of East Corco-Baiscinn.



Chapter 31


Chapter 33