The Journey to Mad Space!
Stories created and written by webinar participants.
As part of its Summer Stars 2020 Reading Programme Clare
County Library invited children to join author and workshop facilitator Maeve
Devoy on the most exciting journey ever to the most exciting place imaginable
through her online writing webinars in July.
Here's a sample of stories written by 2 young budding writers:
Aoibhe's story - The Journey to Mad Space.
Daniel's story - How I Became a Stickman: Disaster Strikes.
Enjoy choosing books that you might like and
read as many as you wish during school summer holidays at your own pace. Summer
Stars is all about Reading for Pleasure.
That’s the message from Clare County Library as it announces the annual Summer Reading Programme. Summer Stars gets under way for children on June 15th, with additional online activities for all who sign up.
We are delighted to offer you the option to include e-books and e-audio books downloadable for free from the library website to add to your Summer Stars reading experience. Simply choose Borrowbox from the library’s list of e-Resources on the library website homepage and log in with your library ID/barcode and password/PIN. With the help of your parent/guardian you can download the app. From the 15th of June, there will be a Summer Stars section on Borrowbox which will have a range of children’s e-books and e-audio books with individual collections for children aged 0-4, 5-8, 9-12 and 13+.
So in summary remember to:
- Borrow your books from branches of Clare County Library and electronically from the Borrowbox App after June 15th.
- Enjoy reading every single book
- Log onto our website www.clarelibrary.ie for Summer Stars updates
- Full details of the Summer Stars programme are also available at www.summerstars.ie
- Remember to visit our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram social media channels for regular Summer Stars postings throughout the summer.
- List the books you have read on your Summer Stars reading log and remember to return it to your library to receive your Summer Stars Certificate in September.
The Summer Stars Reading Adventure is an element of the Right to Read initiative, which is co-ordinated at national level by the Right to Read Steering Group, chaired by the Department of Rural and Community Development. Right to Read is an annual programme to support literacy and reading development across local authorities and is led locally by the public library service. Key elements of the Right to Read service currently include a network of local partners supporting and co-operating in literacy and reading development activities and a series of annual reading activities including Spring into Storytime, Summer Stars, Children’s Book Festival and Family Time at Your Library.
Check out www.summerstars.ie for lots of fun activities.